Sunday, January 3, 2016

Doing Everything the Brazilian Way (writing about 2 August 2014 - Goiana, Brazil)

I write so much for each journal entry, that I skipped what happened on the 2nd of August, so I have to go back and write a bit about it - a year and half later...this will be mostly pictures with some commentary.

This was the day that we tried the Brazilian national dish, while listening to live samba music. And I swear the whole meal was a few hours long, because why not? Plus, feijoada takes a very long time to cook.

We started our excursions with our feijoada feast:






Livia (left) and my mom (right)
Natalia and me....


My dad, aka Natalia's "American" dad and Natalia


The star of the feast, the feijoad - a black  bean stew with spices and all sorts of meat


Since the feast was so long, the rest of the day we laid pretty low.  In the late afternoon/early evening, Natalia's mom wanted to run out to the market to get some food supplies for us.  My mom and I asked if we could go as well, to experience a market in Brazil, and to see what kinds of foods were all available.
Sunset over the market

Lots of fruits were available
 
Making some purchases of sweets

Eating the goods we just purchased, with a bowl of pão de queijo in the foreground (loved those! Little balls of manioc root dough and cheese)


After our light dinner, we went out dancing, because BRAZIL!
Natalia killed it on the floor with her dance instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment